Swatting flys or taking a 600lb. black bear, once you identify your target your chances of succcess are greatly enhanced if you pocess a base understanding of the strengths/weaknesses of your game.
Signs of Wild Hogs in the Area--How to determine if hogs have made their way to your property.
Recently the folks at LousianaBowhunter.com posted a picture on their Facebook page of a wild hog carrying a fawn in its mouth.
The caption was pretty great. “Wondering what you can do during the off-season? Well, I’ll just leave this here for ya to think about.”
If you’ve tried your hand at hog hunting before and didn’t have much luck, congratulations, you’re in good company. Many seasoned hunters of other game have attempted to tackle the continuously growing hog problems around the country and have gone home empty handed.
Whether it’s for the hogs’ role as a nuisance to farmers and landowners, or you’re just after some tasty meat, hunting hogs is a growing sport.
Texas currently has the largest feral hog population in the nation; the invasive species has been documented in 253 of Texas’ 254 counties, and the state has an estimated total population of approximately 2.6 million hogs that can cause millions of dollars in damage each year. As hog hunters, we know one of the most effective ways to get rid of hogs is good, old fashioned ground hunting. But what happens when the population appears in a residential area, or grows faster than we can pick them off? Several areas across Texas have been implementing some conventional – and unconventional – methods of population control for just this reason.
- Making Sense Of Feral Hog Senses
Posted: February 10, 2018
- Tell-Tale Signs Of Wild Hogs In The Area
Posted: June 25, 2017
- Wild Hogs Wreak Havoc on Deer Hunting
Posted: May 23, 2016
- Why Are Feral Hogs Hard To Hunt?
Posted: March 06, 2016
- Feral Hog Population Control Methods Across Texas
Posted: December 16, 2015
- Tips For Hog Hunting With Feeders
Posted: December 03, 2015
- How To Stay Safe While Feral Hog Hunting
Posted: October 21, 2015
- Could Sunday Hunting Become a Reality for These States?
Posted: July 30, 2015
- Hog Hunting Tips for Beginners
Posted: June 16, 2015
- Where to Hunt Feral Hogs Year Round
Posted: May 28, 2015
- Feral Hogs Plaguing Rural Missouri
Posted: April 29, 2015
- The Signs of a Feral Hog
Posted: April 22, 2015
- The Maternal Wild Hog
Posted: March 19, 2015
- Escalating Feral Hog Population - A Big Concern In South Carolina
Posted: February 04, 2015
- When Hunting, Take Advantage of Hog Vulnerabilities
Posted: January 28, 2015